Monday, July 13, 2015

Full big party, Trevor!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TREVOR!!!!!! Hope it's a great day full of partying. Or as one of the elders would say: Full big party!!! Alright, so... this week. Was a little everywhere. My companion and I are great friends now. Didn't take us too long. Didn't get a heater ever... But we've warmed up the rooms pretty decently just living in them, so I'm fine sin chaqueta. Well, sometimes.

So watching cars last pday was... weird. But hey, only one movie a month, so we get to have fun pdays now. I love movies, but... I'm in Peru.

So funny thing- this is the one area without pension. I mean, we could convince someone in the ward, but what we do is eat out at restaurants or buy tons of fruit. (I just saw someone selling kiwi today! Sweet!) The restaurants aren't any less healthy that pensioning. It's the exact same 8 plates we eat here in Peru. But really, I get to CHOOSE my food!! And it's super cheap, so I get to buy snacks with food money. Yeah!

Oh yeah, so last pday Elder Price decided we all needed code names... so on Saturday we all have code names now. Mine is caballita del diablo. (Don't worry, that just means dragonfly). My comp is Trunchador (Spanish version of the principal in Matilda), Elder Price is Captain Jack Sparrow and Elder Cogollo is Gandhi. Yeah... We're cool.

I love my area now. I don't really have any super sweet investigators yet. Except Leidi. She is an antiguo, but we found her just contacting. We taught her the first lesson and she got it down really well- including the apostasy. That seems to be the hard part for people. We also have a recently rescued we're working with named Norma. We're working with her on getting a temple recommend. She's super shy, but she loves when we come over. We also have this recent convert, Josefina, who's super old and hard of hearing that we're working with. She's super sweet! I hope she'll be able to get to go to the temple in a year. We're planning a temple trip with the branch for the 25th, so that means we'll get to go (I think). But President Marler wants us to be going to the temple at least once every two transfers, so I am SO excited for when I get to go see it!

The sister leaders came down Tuesday for intercambios. I got to go with Hermana South who was in the CCM with me. It was super cool seeing her. She's an amazing missionary! We knocked on this super creepy looking house, and this lady answered the door who seriously kinda looked like a witch with crazy hair with a little braid in it, crooked teeth, clothes an all. It was just too cliche looking. It was a pretty unproductive contact- she didn't want anything. But it was entertaining.

I had the WORST dream that I had to say bye to Hermana Flor again. I woke up super sad and homesick for Jaen, but it's getting better. I did super well the first half week, but it hit me this last one. But I'll fall in love with Otuzco too I'm sure.

On Saturday we cleaned the kitchen in the casa-capilla which looked like it hadn't been touched for a couple years. Well- it's all white and sparkly now thanks to us! And then we ate cake from the zone meeting earlier in the week. The other district took half with them back to their little town. And then we ate our half. Elder Cogollo blessed it and prayed for me seeing as it's "my" birthday cake. So that was kinda funny 19 days before my birthday. Hey- I'm going to be done being a teenager this month! AHH! Not cool. Must be dumb teenager while I have time! JK :)

Church was good and stuff. We're really getting to know the members. It helps not having a pensionista because then I really have to put in effort to get to know the ward.

And... today we hiked to the white cross on the top of some mountain which barely has a trail. It was kinda hard- but so fun! And no boulders involved. :)
We took a ton of fotos, but there's nowhere to send them on these computers that I can find... Sorry! Uh, more for when I get home? But it was super fun. We brought lunch to eat up at the top too. So it was good. And man are we in high altitude here! But I think after that hike, the air in the town doesn't seem as thin anymore. I'd do that hike again. :)

And, that's about it! Just trying to get the area going. Oh, another adventista tried to convert me yesterday. Man, talk about trying to persuade with your knowledge and words. I just bore a simple testimony which he talked over, and then we fought to get out of that house. (He's a missionary for his church. Their style of teaching isn't very... good.) I started analyzing it like in English class. He used pathos telling us we're smart because we're northamericans (Uh... thanks? There're smart people here too. And that's we're pretty.) He used ethos stating the name of his church and used a lot of logos with scriptures. Yeah... we missed a cita thanks to that. But it's cool since it's the branch president's daughter- so we'll go visit her later this week. It turned out she was busy anyways.

Love you all!
Hermana Brogan

** new mission address on the right effective 7/13/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment