Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Cambios make me sad.....

Mi queridos familia y amigos,
So this week was super eventful. Another really bad internet day too
so sorry if this is all I send to anyone. But with the work, we had
some neat lessons, but nothing too crazy. I’ll tell you all about Flor
on mother’s day because she’s cool. Also, you guys need to come up
with questions for me, because I tell you pretty much everything I
have to say in my emails. So that’s your job.

First off, last Friday, this weird bump appeared on my left
shoulder-neck-back area. Weird. So it started getting worse, and made
all my muscles around it swell up and start hurting, so I went to the
doctor with Hermana Escobedo (sometimes it’s just easier to go with
the sister who’s been in Jaen for a solid year). Apparently it was
just an infection, so the doctor gave me antibiotics. Not only is the
bump significantly smaller and unpainful now, but it also got rid of
all the little infections on my legs from bug bites. Now I am just
left with my battle scars. ;) So I go to the doctor, and he tries to
speak in English to me. I don’t think he realized how well I
understood him because I am always quiet at the doctors even in the
US. And so he told me I have an infección de piel, and was trying to
figure out the translation, so I said, skin infection. Yeah that! It
made me laugh. Luckily he knew the word itch though, because I don’t
know that one in Spanish. So that would’ve taken a minute to figure
out… Peruvian doctors aren’t so sketchy after all.

So this was Hermana Escobedo’s last week. She’s headed home to Lima
tomorrow. So in our district meeting, the board with the outline of
the meeting was SO funny. Directing music: Hermana Escobedo. Opening
Prayer, Hermana Escobedo. Objective: Hna Escobedo Obedience
(scripture): Hermana Escobedo Tema: Hermana Escobedo (Hermana con
experiencia) (As said in the white handbook) Testimonio: Hna Escobedo
Closing prayer: Hna Escobedo She said the closing prayer in English
even. Also, we sang Loor al profeta (we call her el profeta since
she’s had more time in Jaen than the stake president), and then a song
about dying or finishing the work. It’s in the 170s in Spanish… Too
funny. The funnier part is she actually did all of it except for the
lesson. Our district is so fun. We’ve all gotten super close!
We had Noche Misional the next night, and we played a scripture search
game. We used scriptures as clues and they had to run around the
chapel to find the next clue. It was way fun. We took pictures after
that too. I think I’ll send these next week if I remember. Or maybe
you’ll just all see them after the mission. None are too exciting. I
just have a ton!

The Elders had a baptism this week! I was SO happy for them! It was
cool to go to. We brought Lucía, the 16 year old, and she had SO many
good questions. We showed her the chapel, and when we walked in there,
all empty and quiet, I felt the Spirit so strong. I don’t think I’ve
ever noticed the spirit like that in a chapel before, but it was
amazing to share it with her.Remind me to talk more about Lucía
on mother’s day too. We won’t be able to baptize her because of her
 age, but I really can hope to get her as an active investigator. She shared
 a neat experience with us though! Also, we went and taught her like a ten
 minute lesson before the baptism, and I asked her if she believes the plan of salvation. I
know she understands all of it, but I wanted to know where she was
testimony wise. (We haven’t done the restoration with her yet…) She
told us yes! So cool!
After the baptism, we went over to the Elders’ pension to have a mini
30 minute party for Elder Nordhoff’s birthday and a going away thing
for Hermana Escobedo.  They fed us dinner and a cake from a box from
the US ( that Elder Nordhoff’s family sent- so good!) And we ALL ended
up with flour all over us. Hermana Escobedo ended up with egg, flour,
and cake on her, even though it wasn’t her birthday. (And of course
Elder Nordhoff did too!) It was super fun. We also sang Loor al
profeta there. So sacreligious. It isn’t even funny. And THEN in
sacrament meeting, Hermana Escobedo had to lead the music and we sang
Praise to the man AGAIN, and God be with you til we meet again. She’s
such a good sport.
Also, we got 6 investigators at church. Let me repeat that. SIX! Three
families. :D

Not much happened lesson wise this week. We met Amelia’s son, and he’s
actually pretty cool. He asked us why we’re missionaries and what
Christ means to us (after showing them the gracias a que el vive
video. ) So hopefully we’ll be able to get them somewhere. Amelia is
doing it more for her son than for herself. But hopefully once we
teach the restoration that will change.
That’s about all. I love you all! Hope you have a good week! Peru
rocks. Cambios make me sad when people go. But we got off pretty good.
Our whole district is the same (HURRAY!), aside from Hermana Escobedo
leaving ( Boo).
Hermana Brogan

No comments:

Post a Comment