Monday, December 8, 2014

I'm Peruana!!!

Okay, not really. So basically this week:
I have a really strong body. My comp has basically forced me to double my normal walking speed, and I have! And it doesn't wear me out as much anyore. It only took four weeks, and my body is adjusted to missionary work! I was sick last week (just a small bug-no biggy). But most north americans usually get really sick the first couple weeks in the field. So basically I'm blessed. :) And I'm all good an healthy and happy now!
We went to a bosque (forest) today with our district! Oh, I love talking to other people. It was really fun, but no stories. Except we took a combi- and I have now taken every form of peruvian transport: taxis, moto, collectivos, and combis. Yay! Motos are my favorite. Taxis are the nicest. Also, one of the elders in my district is really into deep doctrine. It's ridiculous. But it makes me laugh, so that's cool.
I sing too high for peruvians. They asked me to direct the music for the zone meeting this week, and I started the song too high, and ended up singing almost by myself... Awkward. 
Okay, I really am not Peruana, BUT: 1. We ran into a member on the street, and talked to him for a bit, and then he asked how long we have in Peru. So I said two months (mas o menos), and he asked if I was from Peru. I said no, but he was so surprised I knew Castellano (what they call spanish here). He then asked where I was from, I said California and he replied THAT's how I know it. I told him I'm actually still learning. I'm learning it on the mission.
2.Also, one of our investigators, Nancy is awesome! So we took her and her four year old daughter Janella to the Christmas devotional last night, and it ended up starting an hour later than they announced at church, so we went outside and she got us food (ah shoot it was Sunday! Shoulda said no... Awkard) But anyways, a lady out there that we contacted asked if Nancy's daughter ws mine. Um, I'm sorry, but do I look Peruana to you? Janella does not look like a white person's kid... But it made me laugh.
So in summary I'm Peruana.No, but the devotional was so good (and in Spanish! I only understood so much), but listening to motab was SO nice!!!
Also, Nancy is kinda like an older sister. She wouldn't let my comp and I out of her house until she fixed her socks and Nancy did her hair. SO funny. 
Also, if you guys haven't yet, watch the 'He is the gift' video on the lds websites! It's so good!
People down here are so humble, and tell us about miracles in their lives all the time. This one lady had her daughter come back to life after having a dream about seeing a light. I also heard a story of healing, and other things, but they're more personal- too much for this email I think. But it's just really cool to see what faith can do!
We have a rough baptismal date with a lady named Berta. She's very sweet, and really loves what we have to tell her about temple ordinances (especially work for the dead). Her husband passed away a short time ago.
So we eat with members on weekends, so our pensionista doesn't have to work, but who signed up for our lunch after fast sunday? None other than our amazing pensionista Violeta. It made me so happy. She cooks the best food down here! She's going to open a restaurant in winter time down here. :)
I finished reading the Spanish Book of Mormon! Yay! It's true. It all is true. I love the gospel and the hope therein.
I can make jokes in Spanish! In a lesson we were teaching about prayer. We were helping them prepare to have things to say in the prayer and my comp asked something they were thankful for. So me in my pride responded, 'you know, like how the sister missionaries come visit you.' I promise it was actually funny then...
So after next pday the 15th, we don't have pday until... CHRISTMAS the 25th. So don't worry when there is no email in two weeks. I'll try to give you a good estimate next week of when we will skype...
That's all. I love you all!
Hna Brogan

No comments:

Post a Comment