Monday, October 19, 2015

The detergent saved the dog!!!

This week. We did stuff. Nah, I'll give some details. For pday we cooked lunch. For four hours. Why isn't there more to do in Otuzco? Tuesday we visited Elkin (The brother of a member, Edgar). Well Elkin is 26 and has been visited basically since he was 13 and is super good friends with missionaries. (He'd also always say hi to us in the streets and we had no clue who he was...) Well now we know. He wants to be baptized, but doesn't want to get married first. Elder Price apparently was working with him before getting papers in order and everything, but it never happened. But maybe we can have a bit of a sway and help him get that worked out. Also Elkin told us that he has a bunch of doubts, but wouldn't be specific. He said he'll tell us as we go through the lessons. This should be a fun time teaching!

We also found and adventista, Francisca, who is just a poor confused lady who doesn't know what church is true, but says she's already been baptized, and says she likes when churches only teach form the Bible, but accepted to read a chapter of the Book of Mormon. Haha. I think she'll progress. Kinda fun teaching an adventista. Next lesson- Sabbath day, and why we worship on Sundays. 

We passed by Greli a couple days ago. Her mom was on bed-rest because she fractured something... because Greli pulled the ladder out from under her while she was still on it. On purpose. What drama in that lesson. I was literally in middle of a soap opera. Well, both Greli and her mom are in Trujillo. I think Greli went for mental care, and her mom for medical care. Things I see in life. 

That awkward moment in companionship inventory during weekly planning when your companion tells you that you're being really humble about learning to live in a new culture. (Like sweeping wooden floors, and other events that passed that week). After a year and I still stick out so much. Kinda embarrassing for me. But hey, what am I going to do? I do my best to be normal here...

We had an AMAZING multizone with an area 70 (which I almost wrote as 70 of area.) Basically was a motivational speaker to us but with the addition of the gospel so that I wouldn't think about laughing at it. It really was super good. He told us we need to be happy. he also told us that you can count the seeds in an apple, but not the apples in a seed. Well, that made me relax a lot more. I'm pretty happy with that. He also told us in the arithmetic of the Lord, 1=thousands. So neat. :) And we got to eat super tasty sandwiches after the multizone before coming back to Otuzco. But now I don't miss delicious food as much because my pension rocks. And my little sister Alisson loves to talk to us and be at the table with us. I'm supposedly teaching her ballet. She's so cute!
Then coming back from the multizone, we taught Jhonner (our pensionista's husband) and had a super powerful lesson with him about the Sabbath day. He told us that really what keeps him from coming back is his pride. And he knows it. (He's an ex branch president). So he told us that Efraín (our 23 year old ward mission leader) said something that offended him before Efraín even went on his mission. I swear everyone goes inactive because of members. It drives me insane. We're all imperfect. And it means just that. We're not going to act how we're supposed to because we literally are unable to every moment of always. But yeah, Jhonner has been changing a lot since we started eating there. He's stopped drinking at least. That's pretty big. And that before we even started teaching him. Just our presence is helping him out. Cool!

We passed by the branch president's house on Saturday. And we visited with his wife for a little bit (She made me... what's the word... take corn off of the cob so she could make popcorn. Super cool! My thumb was super raw after... hehe) But then their dog Wasabi, was foaming at the mouth. He had eaten something poisonous! So they poured detergent in his mouth so he'd throw up. It worked. They saved their dog's life with soap. But I came when Wasabi was a new pupppy! So it was weird that he was being so calm. So so calm. Then we saw the foam. Pretty crazy. 
And yesterday, in the park by our house, there was a public exorcism going on. Oh Otuzco. 

I love you all. Have a great week!

Hermana Brogan

No comments:

Post a Comment