Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Kinda a Bummer Week.

So Kati's baptism didn't happen. She doesn't want to give up drinking, and I think she just feels like the standards are too high for her. Also, I think her boyfriend is a bad influence on her. Bah.

 But this week honestly wasn't very fun. I hit my year mark, and had the most depressing lessons that day- hearing everyone's stories of abuse and such. And nobody is really progressing too much this week. Except Greli, who is a menos activa we found.  We got her to come to church with us Sunday. Everyone received her really well. And she really appreciates our visits. So the goal is to get someone in the branch to be her friend so Greli will keep coming to church without us. She needs a little extra motivation to get out of the house. She basically sits around doing nothing all day. Poor girl. 

Also, I've learned from my companion by observing, that humility really is a strength. She's one of the most humble people I've met, and she's so talented and capable. I have so much to learn from her, I swear!

Also, we always eat at one restaurant. (The owner is the sister of the RS president), and she has a terrible 2 year old, Jimena, who hates me most of the time. (Sometimes we're friends). But it's hilarious. She'll always come sit with us though. Haha. 

Um, not much else. Kinda a bummer week, so I don't want to make you all sad. 

Have a great week!

Hermana Brogan

No comments:

Post a Comment